• 150 metres of double track mainline with a minimum
• More than 140 points with slow motion Tortoise switch
machines controlling those on the mainline.
• A seven track staging yard that can take consists
of more than thirty cars.
• Five dedicated switching areas which can be configured
to run in a point to point fashion within the layout itself.
• A locomotive terminal featuring diesel facilities,
a turntable capable of handling the largest locomotives, a
large roundhouse and a detailed fuelling and sanding facility.
• A three track stub end passenger terminal that can
hold up to ten full length passenger coaches.
• Several long passing sidings allowing “priority”
trains to overtake long trains.
• A three level helix for continuous running.
• Upper and lower return loops for out and back operation.
• A river port for switching on a branch line, and
• A rural area with a small locomotive facility and
industries for switching.
course, in common with all layouts, it will NEVER be finished!!
So - come and join
us and be a part of the evolution.