• 150 metres of double track mainline with a minimum 900-mm
• More than 140 points with slow motion Tortoise switch machines
controlling those on the mainline.
• A seven track staging yard that can take consists of more
than thirty cars.
• Five dedicated switching areas which can be configured to
run in a point to point fashion within the layout itself.
• A locomotive terminal featuring diesel facilities, a turntable
capable of handling the largest locomotives, a large roundhouse and
a detailed fuelling and sanding facility.
• A three track stub end passenger terminal that can hold up
to ten full length passenger coaches.
• Several long passing sidings allowing “priority”
trains to overtake long trains.
• A three level helix for continuous running.
• Upper and lower return loops for out and back operation.
• A river port for switching on a branch line, and
• A rural area with a small locomotive facility and industries
course, in common with all layouts, it will NEVER be finished!!
So - come and join us and
be a part of the evolution.